This Luxembourg head quartered investment bank, itself a household name in the German speaking markets, is keen to enhance the Tax support and advice it offers its private banking clients. There fore they are keen to hire a Wealth Management Taxation Specialist with immediate effect.
The Wealth Management Taxation Specialist manages all tax matters, provides advice and co-ordinates tax information
for a portfolio of the banks top tier customers. In many respects they ensure the clients tax exposures on the investments they hold with the bank are at the optimum level and the client has access to up to date tax information. Within this duty the Tax specialist has the following responsibilities:
- To coordinate, produce and review the tax computations, provisions, returns and forecasts for the client. In most cases this will concern the application of German capital gains tax and where it impacts upon the client’s investment portfolio.
- Undertake the calculation of tax on all securities transactions before they are conducted and report back to the client any taxation obligations.
- Manage and file all capital gains tax filings
and tax returns relating to the customers investments. Ensure all tax payments are made correctly, accurately and on time.
- Produce taxation reports for the clients on both an annual and monthly basis.
- Act as point of contact for all client tax enquires.
- Ensure that all the tax data and portfolio and asset set ups taxation processes in all client held investments are correct
- Access and handle all probate tax cases and control the escalation process.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain the banks reputation and adherence to all relevant tax legislation.
- Work with HR as an internal expert on compensation tax and bonus tax cases for staff at the bank.
For serious consideration for the Wealth Management Taxation Specialist vacancy you should fit the following profile:
- At least two years working at another bank on client tax related matters.
- A numerate degree, with those with an accountancy and taxation being favoured.
- Have worked in or closely with the tax team who focus on capital gains tax on investments in a banks back office.
- Applications from individuals who have worked with German capital gains tax will be encouraged.
- Comfortable using database driven taxation data management systems.
- Comfortable with filing tax returns and completing taxation documentation.
- Fluent in German and English.
The Wealth Management Taxation Specialist is a business critical appointment for this bank. The bank is able to put down a very tempting remuneration package – made up of a first rate wage and an annual bonus. To apply simply click the button above.