The Luxembourg Private banking and wealth management team of this well known German bank are looking to hire a Wealth Management Tax Specialist for an immediate start.
The bank is well established with a strong presence and brand amongst both the traditional European “old money” and a growing reputation amongst the High Net worth sector from the emerging markets.
They offer the complete private banking service with departments that include full asset management teams, corporate bankers and partnerships that offer access to all potential investment markets. They pride themselves upon their proven ability to innovate rapidly and guarantee that their clients benefit from all potential opportunities quickly, efficiently and ahead of the curve.
To build on this platform they are looking to recruit a skilled, experienced Tax expert to work with the Relationship Managers in their Private banking team. The Wealth Management Tax Specialist
supplies timely and efficient tax advice to the banks high net worth clients and acts as a source of expertise for all customer facing staff.
Within this overall remit in this interesting opportunity you can expect to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure all staff are fully trained and briefed upon internal and external tax legislation, the latest regulations regarding tax as they are introduced and are all capable of providing sound, informed advice at any time.
- As Wealth Management Tax Specialist you will monitor all developments concerning tax and understand, then communicate its implications both internally and externally to clients.
- You will maintain a high level of expertise in taxation across different jurisdictions. Of particular importance are Switzerland, Luxembourg and Germany.
- You will inform team members, particularly the RMs of any potential sales opportunities that might arise from tax changes before they happen so they can inform their book of clients in a timely and professional manner.
- You will be able to construct tailored tax models
and optimization plans for each client as and when they are required. Should you require to engage will other external experts to ensure the highest level of service is provided, full resources and assets will be made available to allow you to do so.
- Liaise and cooperate will the clients existing tax experts from their native countries.
- Prepare and process income statements.
- Ensure the bank upholds full compliance with all relevant tax authorities and act in a proactive and professional manner in the reporting of withholding taxes to the relevant bodies & authorities.
For serious consideration for the Wealth Management Tax Specialist vacancy you will be a Tax professional with a firm understanding of Tax legislation
in the main European markets.
It is expected you will be able to point to at least five years working with Taxation, offering high net worth clients the latest tax advice.
You must have fluent English and French and it would be beneficial (although not essential) if you spoke some German as well.
This is a strategic appointment and as such the successful applicant can expect a first rate salary and remuneration package.