This extremely large international custody bank and securities administration / management practice is looking to appoint a skilled transfer agency professional for a new role, it has termed Transfer Agency Officer & Analyst. This title reflects the dual nature of the position. The Transfer Agency Officer & Analyst is based from it Luxembourg custody center.
The bank is a well known leader in the provision of custody related banking services such as managing the custody of a variety of instruments and different asset classes, securities lending and asset backed lending, fund administration, bond underwriting and inter financial service provider benchmarking (performance measurement and also attribution in the main). The banks clients are other banks, investment vehicles like funds and pension schemes, brokerage houses, family offices and other financial service organizations (European re-insurance and insurance firms make up a fair percentage of these clients). They also offer their services to a select group of known, skilled and backed private investors.
The Transfer Agency Officer & Analyst is a key back office role sitting as it does at the center of securities transfers and processing
. The bank has a firm belief that to understand how to improve the process and iron out any inefficiency it is necessary to use a senior Transfer Agency professional working at the bank. Hence the desire to also give the successful applicant to this well paid Luxembourg banking job a role in analyzing the process and making recommendations on how to improve it.
The duties on the transfer agency processing, mainly involve capturing and preventing any issues causing the straight through processing to fail. For example the Transfer Agency Officer & Analyst is key to handling unusual and strange SWIFT messages, which could cause failure of the process by their anomalous nature. It is a key remit to maintain at all times the straight through processing (STP) and there will be a series of targets; focused upon growing the STP rate. To achieve that the Transfer Agency Officer & Analyst takes the lead in the daily transfer agency duties including : -
- Managing, sorting and validating authorization faxes and correspondence that is passed to them, following the initial compliance evaluation.
- Handle the alerts and incident monitoring for the team and ensure clear escalation as and when required.
- Undertake full initial investigation of issues by talking to both internal stake holders and the external counter parties involved. Again arrange escalation where and when needed.
With regards to the Analyst role the Transfer Agency Officer & Analyst is charged with building on an on going basis a series of reports in the straight through processing, with the focus being on incident prevention and increasing the overall efficiency of the process. There is also the potential for being involved in the new implementation of your recommendation should they be accepted by senior management.
Ideally this exciting opening would suit an existing transfer agency professional
who is looking to branch out into a more interesting challenge and prove their analytical capabilities in a challenging role. The bank is looking for : -
- At least three years working as a transfer agent or securities officer for another bank. Skilled in the accurate and timely processing of an investors instruction (s)
- Degree educated.
- First rate knowledge of STP flow and the different asset classes.
- Exposure to SWIFT messages and the main clearing systems (Euroclear being 90% here)
- A knowledge of MultiFonds System is an advantage, as is an in depth exposure to compliance questioning (KYC / AML / asset ownership etc) around securities.
- To be fluent in English and first rate French.
Due to business critical nature of the bank transfer agency they are keen to take there time to attract the right sort of individual to this role. Needless to say they have put together an enticing remuneration package to ensure the appointment of the best. To apply, click above (top right).