This international wealth management solutions provider and bank is looking to recruit a Tax Officer for its Luxembourg based Tax team.
The Tax Officer works as part of a specialist Tax Verification department and with a designated portfolio of the banks clients who have complex tax requirements – usually international in nature. In this well paid Luxembourg Accountancy job you will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Take the responsibility for the quality of service delivered to clients and respect of the deadlines;
- Develop expertise and keep informed about the evolution of financial products, laws and market environment.
- Participate actively in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and new introductions of control criteria's in the daily control process;
- Entity point of contact;
- Process the daily tax control's, analyze and send comments to the accounting desk, follow up of issues;
- Maintain statistics data up to date (Manage fund and Tax details in databases;
- Ensure a periodical review to increase the quality level;
- Specific process (transfer of daily tax Figures to the local institutions, control and maintain of the daily process)
- Respect and update the internal procedures;
- Control of the completeness of the funds under control;
- Perform function in line with the departmental procedures
- Maintain highest level of service quality and performance in compliance with Tax Verification Centre
- Ensure check lists and incident reports are accurately completed within the set timeframe
- Ensure adherence to bank and team procedures
- Perform the daily tax controls for all funds under central control on the time frame foreseen in the check list
- Perform quality controls as indicated in our procedures
- Process daily checks as indicated in our check list
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of the tax incidents in case of problems to the accounting desk
- Deliver daily Austrian tax figures and manage all daily problem's in relation to the transfer of this figures in order to guarantee the maintain of the advantageous status of the funds.
- Control and Analyze the daily error messages in order to reduce the number of error's and highlight only real problems
- Insert comments with a high level degree of information in order to give the client a maximum of information.
- Ensure the follow up of all the breaches pointed out by the daily control.
To be considered for the Tax Officer vacancy you should have a profile that fits the following prerequisites. You will have at least three years experience in Fund Management and/or Tax Administration in an international context. You will have a strong tax background (Steuerberater or similar) and have either a legal, accounting or technical tax background. You will also need to have fluent English and German.
The Tax Officer is a senior specialist job offering a very good salary and full package of benefits. For more information on the Tax Officer opportunity or other Luxembourg jobs or accountancy jobs please contact our accountancy recruitment consultant team.