This well known international private and investment bank operates its main European clearing operation and back office from Luxembourg. The majority of securities trading and administration is processed in the Grand Duchy. Currently the bank is keen to hire a new Securities Execution Agent to replace a soon to be retiring staff member.
The Securities Execution Agent works in the Securities Servicing department and reports directly to the head of that section, the VP of the Securities Agency. The core function of this Luxembourg based banking job is to conduct the execution, in the proper, accurate fashion, all the tasks related to the processing of securities transactions
. This must be done in full accordance with the banks own policies and procedure guidelines.
That overall remit can be broken down into many specifics of the role. Here are a list of duties, responsibilities and common tasks associated with the Securities Execution Agent vacancy:
- Create, prepare, execute, monitor and follow up all securities transactions within your defined portfolio. Ensure the effective and complete functioning of the Fiscal agency within the bank as a whole.
- Conduct a similar operation of executing, monitoring and reviewing all the transactions in you are assigned as part of the banks Common depository function.
- Again conduct similar processes with regards to the banks conversion agency function.
- Keep all the relevant documentation regarding all transactions up to date and ensure all important transaction documents are secured in the vault as and when it is required that they be.
- Ensure that all notes regarding all trades in international securities are held in the vault on behalf of the International Central Securities Depository (ICSD).
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices to the relevant counterparties.
- Create, send and manage the payment of all invoicing for the sub custodians and issuers.
- Issue all relevant SWIFT messages, faxes and electronic documents to all concerned counterparties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Research and solve all miss-matches within the securities transactions on behalf of the relevant customers.
- Undertake the monthly reconciliation of all the securities positions within your portfolio.
- Build and nurture a mutually profitable and respectful relationship with all dealers, issuers and sub custodians in the network that affects your trades and the banks securities agency.
- Maintain the securities back end system and key databases. Ensure full population with the latest data of all relevant systems and tools.
- Maintain all service level agreements and deliver upon agreed levels to the clients in your portfolio.
- Ensure that all contractual agreements are upheld and that all your work is conducted at the best possible standard.
- Manage and fulfil the day to day, monthly and yearly control check list.
- Monitor the risk on your securities transactions and make sure you are fully briefed upon the banks latest compliance guidelines around these transactions. Inform the VP of the Securities Agency of any errors and potential risks as soon as you identify them
The bank is looking to appoint an individual with the following characteristics, qualifications and experience to the role:
- A degree in a numerate subject, preferably accounting, banking, finance, economics or maths.
- At least two years previous experience in executing international securities transactions
- An in-depth knowledge of common financial instruments and securities.
- A good understanding of how bank back offices operate and the importance of good risk and compliance functions.
- Previous experience in SWIFT processing and messaging.
- Have an efficient, accurate mind set.
The bank will make available to the successful applicant to the Securities Execution Agent vacancy an excellent salary and overall remuneration package. To find out more or apply for this role, click the button above and follow the simple steps detailed.