This international private and investment bank is looking to appoint a new Risk Director to be based from its Northern European head quarters in Luxembourg.
The Bank which has industry leading private banking, fund management and fund administration / distribution departments all based in the Grand Duchy, uses Luxembourg as its back and middle office hub. There are risk frameworks and overall risk policies
which cover these businesses. The Risk Director oversees them all.
That main remit can be broken down into the following regular duties and responsibilities:
- To manage and oversee the entire Risk Management framework and processes for all European arms of the bank.
- To manage, to identify, access and introduce solutions and mitigation processes for all the various elements of risk.
- Monitor and report upon all risks.
- Escalate data and information about risk events, especially those concerning liquidity risk, risk amongst the various counterparties, market risk and risk events concerning the operational side of things.
- Report on a regular and irregular basis to the senior management team and Group board.
- Introduce, evolve and streamline all risk processes on a group wide basis. These can and will include the new product approval system and the risk and control management processes.
- Engage in and contribute to various internal meetings locally in Luxembourg and at group level in Europe.
- Ensure full adoption of all policies related to risk, risk management and the Group risk guidelines.
- Manage the risk consultation
given to the active portfolio management teams and ensure risk is factored into all equations regarding the banks investments.
- Create, review and disseminate the yearly Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) report, as part of the banks commitment to Basel II.
- With regards to Basel II and CRD IV (plus any new capital / risk regulation) manage the introduction of new processes and systems and even the actual review of all reports; with regards to when they effect the risk department. Ensure the banks risk assets is in full compliance with all new regulations.
- Lead a full review of all Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) processes and systems. Should the systems new a refresh or the processes need adjustment launch the projects and oversee there completion to address any issues the banks QRA management faces.
As you would expect the bank has a specific profile in mind for the ideal candidate to fill this high level Luxembourg banking job. To be considered you should be:
- A senior banking risk professional with at least five years experience in working with banking regulatory frameworks, risk teams and managing risk processes.
- You will have a high level of understanding of the current bank risk management tools, software and techniques employed today.
- You will a first rate communicator and leader of men.
- Lastly you will speak fluent English.
The Risk Director is a very senior opening and as such commands a high basic wage, full executive level benefits and the chance to participate it the banks lucrative bonus scheme.
Besides that the bank has experience some serious growth (whilst many of its rivals contract) due to foresighted policies introduced before the financial crisis. It now finds its self positioned for the next leap forward and has a number of key initiatives it is about to launch. The risk management of these projects will be focused upon both internally and externally. As such the Risk Director vacancy could and should allow the successful applicant to make a real name for themselves on the global banking stage
To find out more or apply for the role simply click on the “Add Application” button above and follow the guidelines given.