International wealth management house and private bank is looking to recruit a Property Fund Accountant to join the dedicated finance team on one of its flag ship Property investment funds.
This well paid accountancy vacancy is based from their Luxembourg European head quarters.
The Property Fund Accountant is responsible for the accounting requirements of a portfolio of property and property equity funds
This is a senior accountancy role for it requires a precise level of skill and knowledge of the tax implications of investments in various jurisdictions. The main responsibilities can be broken down as follows:
- Oversight and control over the preparation of statutory and periodic management accounts for both direct and indirect property funds as well as their subsidiaries.
- Acting as central point of communication and provider of transaction information for property acquisitions, loan arrangements, equity participation (and supporting legal information) to local bookkeepers and assisting local bookkeepers to accurately record transactions
- Timely quarterly consolidation accounting for complex property investment vehicle structures. This requires managing service providers to strict timetables, dealing with queries in a structured and organised manner and agreeing the final management accounts with the controller within the agreed deadline.
- Providing the Fund Controller with the evidence and supporting documentation required to enable him to sign-off on the quarterly management accounts
- Review of accounting performed by third party bookkeepers throughout Europe in respect of holding companies, special purpose vehicles and direct and indirect real estate investments.
- Managing third party service providers and working closely with internal investment and accounting teams.
- In addition to the daily and monthly business requirements, the role will also include liaising with external auditors, tax advisors and project management
- Timely review and sign-off on the annual accounts of subsidiaries and feeder vehicles for filing and for onward submission to tax agents.
- Coordinating with local accounting firms to ensure the timely filing of annual accounts
- Review and authorisation of fund expenses relating to accounting and audit fees.
- Loan administration and cash management
: monitor the internal and external loans for all the subsidiaries, ensure up-to-date maintenance of the loan administration system (set-up new loans, roll-over loans), reconcile interest with bank statements, prepare payment instructions and liaise with counterparties.
To be considered for the Property Fund Accountant vacancy you should fit the following profile:
- A qualified accountant with proven technical accounting skills and with at least four years of post qualification experience in accounting or auditing.
- A strong financial accounting background is important and experience gained in a property fund accounting, commercial company or audit firm is an advantage.
accounting and consolidation experience
- The ability to negotiate successful outcomes
- Good client skills
- Drive and determination
- Excellent English (German and/or Italian is an advantage)
The bank views these funds as a business critical component of their investment offering and as such is willing to be extremely generous with the reanimation package on offer to the right individual.