This Luxembourg based private bank and international asset management firm is looking to hire a Portfolio Analyst to join their growing Grand Duchy based team.
The bank, which is one of Europe’s largest financial services organizations, has ambitious growth plans for the next couple of years. Central to these is to leverage their award winning asset management services, all based around a large team of active portfolio managers. Serving a wide range of international clients this team creates, manages and recommends investments within balanced portfolios
specially tailored to each customer’s individual needs and propensity to risk. The Portfolio Analyst vacancy is a new role designed to add additional resource to the department in advance of an increase in work load.
To strengthen the investment offering for their private banking customers the bank would like the Portfolio Analyst to help provide advice to clients. This advice can and will take the form of general investment best practices, distributed to all clients and individual tailored, bespoke solutions for individual customers. This will include making individual investment recommendations, reviewing portfolios and bringing in relevant research from outside where needed.
The main areas of investment advice you can expect to handle will be based around bonds, hedge funds and equities. The bank has a balanced “tactical” allocation model which it employs to great effect in portfolio management. You can expect to be asking to present on this, its benefits and advantage to many of your customers. The Portfolio Analyst also plays a key role in the development of new investment tools.
A summary of the duties of the Portfolio Analyst is below:
- Undertake all investment analysis and create recommendations for clients
- Partake in customer meetings as and when required
- Support all Portfolio Managers in asset allotment and controlling risk
- Undertake all equity and bond research
- Manage all the general investment advice creation
- Evolve, maintain and develop the investment tool set
- Work towards becoming a Portfolio Manager of your own portfolio of clients.
For serious consideration for the Portfolio Analyst vacancy you should fit the following ideal applicant profile, created by the bank:
- At least three years experience in a similar position.
- Be able to demonstrate good knowledge of the markets, creating a balanced portfolio and making investment recommendations.
- You will hold a numerate degree, those with qualifications in Finance, Economics or Math’s are especially welcome.
- A complete and detailed understanding of the securities marketplace, covering both bonds and equities.
- First rate excel skills and some familiarity with visual basic programming
- Fluent English and German
The bank is planning to introduce an innovative and new bonus structure that will allow the Portfolio Analyst to be paid a bonus based upon the performance of the portfolios under their remit. This is completely uncapped and when combined with the first rate basic wage on offer allows the Portfolio Analyst to have a real earning potential in advance of norm.
To find out more or to apply for this Luxembourg based job opening, simply press the “add application” button above and follow the guide.