This investment bank is looking to boost the resource in its Quant Analysis department by hiring a new manager for the department.
The bank has an innovative trading platform, which is made up of a series of tailored, bespoke solutions which cover all the main types of asset and investment instruments.
This platform is employed by the banks global trading teams in a series of trading rooms to market the firms expertise and investment skill to other financial institutions, asset managers, insurance firms, fund managers and individual investors.
The design of new solutions and the evolution of the existing components of the platform are undertaken by the Market Solutions group. In total there are over one hundred and fifty such specialists in this group, spread evenly on a truly global basis. Part of this process obviously includes accurate measurement, monitoring and selection of assets
across all types of commodities, various bond classes, hedge funds, derivatives (both over the counter and listed) and structured products and instruments. It falls within the remit of the Manager of Quant Analysis to undertake much of this analyse with their team.
In short the Manager of Quant Analysis must ensure the continuing quality of all the Market Solution Groups data analyse. They must be mindful of both the rigour of the process and the insight offered by it.
The team itself, whilst small in numbers, is key to defining the specification and implementation of all analyse and quant tools and software
, as used by the trading teams and other specialists in the Market Solutions Group. The group itself actively sits in the trading room in Luxembourg, allowing it real time access to the team, the markets and to observe the tools being put through their paces. At present a key operation is the definition of the tools overall system architecture, with a view to transition the measurement of structured products to the new system shortly.
On all projects concerning the improvement of the measuring toolset in the platform the Manager of Quant Analysis establishes the delivery schedule and project definition guidelines and actively communicates them to all stake holders. They then ensure the team completes the project according to these on time and in budget. They take ownership of the success of each project and stand by the increasing measurement functionality and accuracy their team delivers.
The Manager of Quant Analysis also ensures that all research undertaken by the team uses the latest analytical algorithms and techniques to ensure accurate monitoring and reading of derivatives and the structured product lines. They also:
- Take charge of the creation of new forecasts and the updating of existing ones. This will involve statistical and correspondence analysis. Forecasting itself will be both linear and all modelling must be completed in a logical, measurable manner.
- They lead, mentor and manage the quant department.
- They ensure accurate, professional collaboration between their business unit and all others involved in the asset management process.
- To their team and beyond they communicate clearly results, measurements and the investment strategy.
- They ensure the quality and efficiency of all quantative measuring tools and datasets.
- Ensure all quantative measurement and advice is provided in a relevant way and to a high standard.
To be considered for the Manager of Quant Analysis vacancy you should have at least five years prior experience in quantative measurement, modelling and analysis. This could have been gained at another bank or hedge fund or even come from a numerate quant measuring profession like scientific research. The bank is also looking for:
- A numerate profile and degree / Masters in such a subject.
- First rate knowledge and understanding on the algorithms and models used to value derivatives.
- Proven talent in calculus and numerical measurement.
- Extremely It literate, with an understanding of the basics of object level development (Java or C++ would be a major benefit) and how to employ that in a measurable, scientifically accurate software architecture.
- Proven writing and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English.
As a senior management role in an investment bank, organising and improving a business critical tool set the Manager of Quant Analysis is a very well paid Luxembourg banking job. A great remuneration package is on offer to the successful applicant. To apply simple hit the apply button above and follow the instructions given.