This international custodial bank and banking support services provider is looking to appoint a new Manager of Fund Administration to work from their European head quarters in Luxembourg.
The bank which has an active presence in thirty countries and operates on a truly global scale provides a range of services to other financial institutions. These include asset management, investment trading, research & analysis and the administration of investment vehicles and instruments.
The fund administration function is a key department within the banks Investment Solutions division. This group works on a global basis to provide a complete investment support service to over nine hundred customers. These clients are made up of hedge fund firms, private equity companies, other banks, institutional investors and property fund managers. Fund administration is one of the key solutions
offered to these organizations, alongside credit services, accountancy expertise, company administration & secretarial services and risk management. As of today the bank managers over six hundred billion dollars of investments, it is truly a behemoth of the asset management landscape.
The Manager of Fund Administration has a number of key responsibilities, all of which are geared around supporting the CRMs, RMs and Client Directors in achieving a superb level of service for their customers across all fund administration services. These core duties are broken down below:
- Fee negotiations are handled by the Manager of Fund Administration. This includes defining the scale of the contract, service levels and fees billed. At all times they will aim to meet sales targets for the Fund Admin team and hit growth forecasts.
- Support all sales teams by sending out proposals and meet RFIs sent by prospective clients.
- Promote new products and always attempt to cross sell other fund administration services to customers. On occasion you will have to set up demonstration meetings with technical experts and host them for all parties.
- Organise the new customer on boarding process including working closely with compliance and due diligence to gather all the necessary data and information for a full new client review.
- Represent the fund administration team at senior management meetings and at high level external meetings (clients, prospective customers and partners). At industry conference you will also lead the banks fund administration presence, often in concert with board members and other senior line managers.
- Take ownership of the teamâs commitment to customer satisfaction and be responsible for the teamâs performance against service level agreements. Assessment will be conducted by a series of customer service level assessments, undertaken on a regular basis.
- Where required as a nominated director for the clients investment vehicles and managed entities. An element of company secretarial duties will be part of this. Preparing AGMs, board meetings and arranging the taking of minuets all falls in to the Manager of Fund Administration responsibilities here.
- Manage, lead and develop your team. Whilst you will act as a leader and mentor to your team, there is a substantial internal training resource available and a considerable personnel development budget. You will be expected to make full use of both to ensure your team have all the technical, qualifications and soft skills they require to succeed.
The Manager of Fund Administration is a senior line manager position
and as such the bank has a clear and exact requirement for applicants to meet. This is:
- At least five years working as a manager of a fund administration or fund accounting team at another financial services firm.
- Degree educated, preferably in a relevant / numerate subject.
- Demonstrable negotiation and sales skills
- A strong manager and people person â capable of inspiring and motivating a large team
The company has a core philosophy that espouses making its staff its greatest resource. They recognise highly skilled and focused staff members, who have bought into the companies goals and ambitions are the difference between success and failure. As such the firm is more than willing to help foster such a mentality by meeting potential staff memberâs monetary requirements. As such the successful applicant to Manager of Fund Administration vacancy can expect a first class remuneration package in line with what one would expect for such a senior management role at a world class bank and asset manager.
To discover more or to apply right away, hit the âapplyâ button at the top of this job description.