This Luxembourg domiciled bank provides an internet based private exchange for the private banking & wealth management sectors. In effect this is a solution to many of the asset allocation, identification and transaction fulfillment issues encountered by High Net Worth investors, financial institutions and their bankers.
To further develop the level of transactions being undertaken in Europe they are looking to recruit an In House Securities Lawyer.
The In House Securities Lawyer
acts as the go to expert around the drafting and introduction of new securities and managing the relevant capital markets laws and regulations.
On a daily basis you can expect to handle, manage practical legal issues that develop in the context of the trading of these securities. Colleagues will look to you to provide hands on guidance, legal advice on securities and capital markets issues as well as more general legal advice. Coupled with this you will also negotiate, draft and review contracts, coordinate the legal resources and keep abreast of all regulatory developments that affect the firms business.
Within that overall remit the In House Securities Lawyer can expect to have to deal with and handle from a legal perspective:
- Complex, high value cross border transactions
- Private Placement of assets and the management of the respective counterparties
- Be involved in the drafting and issuing of Medium Term Notes (MTNs), unstructured notes, structured finance contracts & large commodity trades.
- Manage the relevant Banking laws & regulation of the various geographies.
- Handle all contract legislation
- Manage problems in relation to transactions with clients, contracts bought and / or sold with in the exchange.
- Any litigation work that might result from lawsuits in relation to security transactions.
To be considered for the In House Securities Lawyer you should fit the following applicant profile:
- Be a lawyer with 5 years PQE securities and capital markets law experience
, preferably with an international law firm or financial institution.
- Have a perfect command of English with other languages a major bonus.
- You will be ideally experienced with private placement loan issues and / or structured loan transactions. You will have worked on a variety of contracts, from vanilla vendor contracts to very complicated securities contracts.
- You will have a strong affinity with the financial market environment: knowledge of the main continental European legal and regulatory environment is a plus.
- It is expected you will be comfortable taking on significant responsibilities and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- It would be useful if you have a European network of useful contacts in the securities, legal and financial markets and you are happy to leverage that to assist the firm.
- Finally you will be a first rate counselor with a hands on approach, confident and pro active.
Due to the essential nature of this European Legal vacancy the bank is happy to craft the relevant remuneration package to guarantee the appointment of the right individual.