This leading provider of legal and structuring services to Luxembourgs banking and finance sector is looking to boost its human resources ranks. The Luxembourg head office is actively seeking a new HR and Payroll Manager to join this busy well established practice.
The HR and Payroll Manager reports directly to the Head of HR and is tasked with salary, staff and personnel reporting duties. These can be broken down into the following main areas of responsibility:
Administering the Payroll function:
- Organising the implementation of the new Payroll function
- Reviewing the payroll of all four hundred staff
- Maintaining the payroll systems
- Organising and liaising with finance teams and external auditors
- Preparation of employment contracts in line with Luxembourg law
- Maintaining the personnel files on the HR system
- Monitoring sickness and holiday leave
- Creation of internal HR communications and staff handbook
Finally the HR and Payroll Manager work to support and develop the HR team, alongside the Head of HR.
The HR and Payroll Manager is the first of a planned major ramp up of internal resources
planned by this organisation. As such they have a clear idea of what they are looking for and in this case that is:
- At least three years experience in implementing payroll functions. You will be able to demonstrate a clear awareness of how payroll software packages are implemented from an organizational (not technical) point of view and the documentary, process requirements to do that.
- At least two years working in a HR team
- Knowledge of the employment law, regulatory framework in both Luxembourg and across the EU.
- An understanding of the legal and fiduciary service industry and how lawyers work and bill for their services.
- Fluent French and English. Applicants who also speak German would be most welcome.
- Professional, disciplined, focused and people orientated.
The payroll project and HR expansion must succeed if the firm is to meet its own ambitious expansion plans. As such they expect to source the right individual for the HR and Payroll Manager vacancy from amongst their professional rivals; someone who already is working in the industry and can hit the ground running.
Therefore the remuneration package on offer is far above the norm for this level and contains many additional benefits and “perks”. The company also prides itself upon it training and career development function, itself based in HR, which is available to help every member of staff reach their fullest professional capabilities.