This Luxembourg based custodian bank and clearing specialists is looking to hire a Fund Sales BDM to join their growing Investment Funds department.
The Investment Funds team have a packaged suite of services and products that they market to serve the cross-border distribution requirements of the investment fund industry. Essentially this package provides a single place to access trade execution venues and exchanges and nearly 100,000 other funds. It cuts complexity, reduces delays and creates a truly seamless solution
to many of the issues the fund industry faces in these areas. It is marketed to a client base made up of other custodian banks, private banks, asset management firms and fund organisations.
The Fund Sales BDM markets this platform to a number of key European sectors. This is a portfolio of existing clients and targets allocated on a geographical and industry split.
Within that overall remit the Fund Sales BDM has the following duties & responsibilities:
- To market the platform to new clients and markets.
- Make sure that the banks package maintains its leading market share and becomes seen as the de facto standard fund platform in the key European markets.
- Maximise revenue and client satisfaction by arranging a prompt, accurate and simple migration to the platform. A team of support experts on the technical, training and administration will be provided to help you achieve this aim.
- Represent the platform at trade shows, market events and conferences.
- Raise awareness of the platform directly via client presentations and meetings and indirectly via marketing and sponsorship of industry groups.
To be appointed to the Fund Sales BDM vacancy the successful applicant will have ticks all the right boxes. The bank has listed its essentials here:
- At least three years in sales inside financial services. With success verses targets for every year.
- A numerate degree
- Excellent understanding of banking, banking products and the processes involved in setting up, administering and marketing investment funds.
- Fluent English and French, with other European languages a benefit.
The Fund Sales BDM is a critical appointment for the success of this platform and its penetration of Europe’s asset management market. Everything is in place for the right individual to make serious inroads into establishing its dominance
. Technically and also in terms of its partnership opportunities, the platform itself is far ahead of any potential rivals. The bank is placing serious resource (both financial, in people and senior management buy in) to ensure this project succeeds. It is very much seen one of the banks major plays for growth in the next few years.
There fore the Fund Sales BDM vacancy requires the right individual to meet those aims. To ensure that person is recruited the bank has set aside a very tempting remuneration package – both in terms of basic salary and a completely uncapped bonus. Full executive level benefits are of course provided.
Perhaps even more importantly should you succeed in establishing the platform as the industry standard you will have a very high profile as a true market creator in a very specialised and lucrative area of banking.