This international investment bank and wealth management practice operates a private Exchange that works as a clearing network for institutional and Ultra High Net Worth investors. The Exchange is a revolutionary development for management of complex transactions, the trading of a wide variety of assets (“paper”, loans, commodities, equities, wraps, metals etc) and the arrangement of structured finance for carefully selected international projects.
The core of this Exchange service is designed to solve the asset identification issues that stop the successful completion of these large international transactions.
To manage the unprecedented level of interest this has generated from the investment, private banking and asset management community the bank are keen to hire an External Relationship Manager.
The External Relationship Manager is the first point of contact for all referral associates, investors and institutions who wish to trade on the Exchange. These clients will be split across geographic, cultural and linguistic boundaries. There core responsibilities are centered upon establishing and build the client relationships
from scratch and to and manage the on boarding process on behalf of all new clientele.
Within that overall remit the External Relationship Manager is charged with:
- Guiding all these parties through on-boarding process.
- Explaining how the system works and be able to engage with the client in an enlightened explanation of the Exchanges unique advantages.
- Manage the internal workflow of information and expertise for all 3rd parties.
- Set the client expectations and assist all referral associates with being able to guide their clients through it.
- Manage the clients expectations throughout the process and ensure the bank optimizes its cross selling opportunities.
- Construct mutually profitable client relationships, emphasis and understand all 3rd party concerns.
- Manage the referral associates compensation structure and be able to clearly set their expectation levels.
- Explain and lead all parties through the on-boarding compliance
evaluation process. The External Relationship Manager manages and handles the flow of documentation and information between the client, their bank and bank’s Compliance department to secure the successful on boarding.
- Talk in an informed manner about a wide variety of investments, assets and the trading of them.
- Be able to build trust.
- Recognize when is the right time to introduce internal asset and banking experts to fulfill the transaction and achieve an effective and secure account hand over.
To be considered for the External Relationship Manager opportunity you should be an expert in building client relationships and be able to create empathy and clear communication of what is a fairly complex banking process.
Besides you proven, strong communication skills you will be comfortable in face to face presentations, video conferences and on the phone. You can also expect a fair amount of travel into the geographies you manage.
It is expected that you will have a well rounded finance and banking knowledge which you gained whilst working with in asset management, asset trading or investment banking.
However, what will land you this role is attitude – the right one, fully displayed and demonstrated.
Superb relationship builders and professional sales gurus (B2B) from outside banking will be considered if they can demonstrate a desire to learn about the investments, asset instruments and core markets the bank trades upon. Indeed the banks outstanding External Relationship Manager is not from the traditional investment / private banking relationship manager background, but was previously a Luxury international realtor.
For the bank having the right External Relationship Managers is a key USP and is absolutely business critical. As such they are happy to offer an outstanding remuneration package to tempt the industries top talent.
For the right individual this role will prove the gateway to the world of real international wealth management and the opportunity to build a fortune of their own.