This investment and custodial bank is actively seeking to appoint a new Credit Risk Officer to join its risk management department in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
The Credit Risk Officer works within the specialized credit risk team, itself one part of the overall risk management practice. The central remit for this role is to provide tailored credit analysis
on all new operations and on all new lending contracts that the Front Office signs. As part of that the Credit Risk Officer will:
- Analyse all new agreements and sign off the ones that meet the Credit Risk guidelines.
- Additionally they will sign off all relevant legal documentation.
- On a continuous basis review and measure the quality of the credit across a variety of corporate loans and their relevant counter-parties.
- Work to develop and establish the Credit Risk policy guide and its guidelines.
- Measure and monitor all relevant credit risks across the entire transaction chain.
- Create and evolve the banks own rating methods and its methodology.
- Improve the efficiency of the credit rating process and its very procedures
- Independently evaluate and measure the risks around credit in various structured loan vehicles and bank guarantees
. Pay close attention in particular to credit risk and create analysis and opinions on all new loans and lending.
- Validate all counterparties with compliance and set their credit limits and actual rating.
- Work to mitigate and structure all credit risk, so all risks are minimised and issues dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
- Organise collateral requirements and what security must be offered by the counterparties prior to the arrangement of any new loans.
- On the existing lending portfolio review, amend and organize credit risk contracts and contractual changes.
- Organise the review of all credit reviews undertaken by other teams and compile an extensive report on their accuracy and the banks overall exposure to credit risk across its front office departments.
- Maintain, set and review the credit risk limits set and work with the compliance team to ensure all counterparties, business units and transactions types adhere to these.
- Review and develop the credit risk toolset and data used by the banks teams.
- Manage credit risk questions and enquiries internally and act as a source of credit risk expertise to senior management and key players in the front office.
- Guide, mentor and lead the banks staff to a true understanding of credit risk and how to apply it to their daily tasks through a process of enlightened education.
- On complex credit related problems and issues provide the bank with hands on expertise and advice. Ensure the bank acts with the current understanding of credit risk best practices at all times.
In order to achieve all of the above it will be necessary to partner effectively, not only with your colleagues in credit risk management, but other members of the risk management team and senior managers, mainly from the front office teams involved in loans, lending, transaction management, restructuring and legal / compliance. Externally you will have to work in close concert with the relevant rating agencies and should seek to build close and mutually beneficial relationships with these key stakeholder partners.
To be successful in your application to the Credit Risk Officer vacancy you should have the following profile:
- At least five years previous experience in credit risk management and assessment at another lender.
- Have a degree level education
- Hold a financial qualification like CFA for example
- Be able to demonstrate a masterful knowledge of counter-party risk management and rating agencies criteria for assessment.
- Have a track record in creating and developing credit risk policies and documentation and frameworks.
- Fluent English and French.
In a very real sense the future security of the banks lending operations lies in the hands of the Credit Risk Officer. As such this position is extremely well remunerated with a top of the line basic salary and bonus on offer to the successful applicant.