This Luxembourg based investment bank which also operates a number of diverse global operations, across a wide variety of markets and securities is looking to recruit a new Chief Financial Officer to co-ordinate their finance function, across all geographies
The bank itself operates a private banking practice, venture capital investment arm, trading operation which makes use of a unique international private membership and an exchange that acts as a clearing network for institutions and Ultra High Net Worth investors alike. Many of the projects the bank is involved in are very complex international transactions, involving multiple jurisdictions and many partners and investors. They are heavily involved in raising funding for projects from Global institutional / private investors, they operate syndicated equity pools, trade both public and private instruments (European and global instruments - mainly commercial paper, bonds, short and medium-term notes) and are heavily involved in all aspects of trade finance. On most transactions they partner with other offshore banks, enterprise finance firms, pension fund operators and advisors, brokers, investment bankers, insurance firms, family offices and of course selected private investors.
The Chief Financial Officer manages the accounting for all these projects; itâs a challenging role where truly no one task will be the same as the other. For example you could find yourself having to quickly undertake some simple reconciliation to the G/L or be asked to create a bespoke financial model based on projections of asset performance in the coming quarter.
A great deal of the banks expertise is within securities trading and the fixed income marketplace, so experience with various Financial Accounting Standards both in Luxembourg and in the main trading markets will be essential. You could find yourself involved in evaluating cash flow modeling assumptions and results, monitoring unrealized gains, reviewing valuation results or performing fluctuation analysis. You will support colleagues in orchestrating initial offerings (usually exceeding $100M), managing asset allocation, performing risk analyses and promoting accurate forecasting. You will often be asked to document such activity for consumption by the banks senior management.
The Chief Financial Officer will include a great deal of reporting of all relevant functions, so the ability to analyze financial information
in order to prepare reports is just as important as the ability to supervise and co-ordinate the day to day accounting. For example you could expect to be asked to prepare some portfolio metrics reports, qualitative analysis, and quantitative analysis. In addition Chief Financial Officer the will also be responsible for the monitoring, documentation and implementation of related accounting guidance / procedures, support of the investment accounting system and lead all the internal and external audit processes.
- You will be a Chartered Accountant with at least five years PQE â some of which in for an investment bank, hedge fund or other asset management firm.
- You will hold a degree or qualification in Accounting or Finance
- Experienced in investment accounting, reporting and analysis experience in the financial services industry.
- You will hold expertise in financial statement and fixed income investment analysis and be able to execute the process in a deliberate and well documented manner consistent with internal SOX requirements and statutory guidance.
- You will have extensive IFRS and US GAAP accounting and consolidation experience
- You will have demonstrated ability to interact with senior finance and investment professionals and coordinate deliverables.
- You will be experienced in supporting internal and external audit reviews.
The Chief Financial Officer is a vital appointment for the bank and therefore they are happy to provide an outstanding remuneration package for the successful applicant. You can make your application by simply clicking on the button to the top right of this job description.